Trap Quest Release 10 Version 4.1 Hotfix
As some of you may have noticed, this version had a secret April fools changelist that could be accessed by noticing that the main changelist heading was itself a hyperlink. Anyway, I've removed that stuff but it's still available to play because it's now a new optional handicap! However it's a decent bit less harsh. Things that were 100% reliable in the April Fools version are often more like 20% chance of happening in this version.
First time downloading? On Windows? I'd recommend just downloading this: Danaume Version + Windows Git (358.6MB)
There are 4 different versions because there are 4 different publicly available character windows you can use. Previews of the different versions' Character Windows can be seen here
The versions with 5th window, the Strateg window, are available from my Patreon posts.
Uncompressed gblorb files generously hosted by area57 (401MB to 441MB): Danaume Version, Keriax Version, Wonderfuller Version, Porn Version
MEGA Mirrors: Danaume Version, Keriax Version, Wonderfuller Version, Porn Version
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it, this includes Macs - you should use WINE.
- Opening Git.exe and then selecting the file seems to cause a 'Can't open gamefile' error for some users. However, double-clicking on the Gblorb file itself in Windows Explorer and then opening it with Git.exe that way seems to work fine. I believe this weird issue is just due to the huge filesize of the game file.
- I'm getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
- New handicap option: 'Clumsy'. These bad things only have a chance of happening when you are standing. While you're kneeling, you should be safe from them.
- When you try to jump off of a dildo pole, you always fail the first time.
- If you're holding the pack of playing cards when you enter the inspiration room in the hotel, 50% of the time you'll accidentally give yourself a bad tattoo that enables the 'game hates you' stuff, if able.
- You're more likely to spill drinks and break the pink spraybottle when you trip. When you spill a champagne or cocktail glass, you'll be able to get the punishment bondage even if you're not a bunny waitress.
- When 'clumsy' is disabled, the chances of spilling a drink is actually now a bit less than it used to be.
- When leaving the room with the dungeon lever, you can fall into it, accidentally releasing the minotaur.
- You can fall down the hole in the woods.
- Fixed an issue where you could fall back into the hole in the woods immediately after climbing out.