Trap Quest Release 9 Version 5.3
Hi all and welcome to 2018. Thanks for all of you that are still supporting me, it's a real privilege and a dream come true to be able to do this for a living. Before we get into it, I have something I should be transparent about with you, it's really not a huge change but you should know all the same. There will be some slight flavour changes you'll possibly notice in this version. Essentially, in order to comply with Patreon guidelines and more importantly UK Law, I have toned down some lines in the game that previously explicitly showed a withdrawal of consent. This has been done after consultation with valued friends and colleagues in order to ensure that a) I don't go to jail and b) I don't get kicked off of Patreon and suddenly have a massive tax bill I can't pay. I'm also seeking legal advice to ensure my position is correct. I know all you 4channers are already preparing your fingers over the 'c','u' and 'k' letters on your keyboards but this is not about political correctness it's about legal compliance and ensuring the longevity of the project. Also having done a couple of playtests I really think it's difficult to even notice that anything has really changed. It's only a few lines in the game that were affected. Please actually play the game again before drawing any conclusions about how you think it might affect your enjoyment.
Bugs that have already been reported and will be addressed in the hotfix:
- P10 error when you start the game, relating to the minotaur. Doesn't impact on gameplay.
- School food machine is playing up, rather unusable.
First time downloading? On Windows? I'd recommend just downloading this: Danaume Version + Windows Git
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, among them Zoom for Mac (NB Sierra update has broken the game, and you need to use WINE) and for Unix; Windows Git for Windows; and Gargoyle does an okay job on all platforms if none of the others are working for you.
Known Significant Issues:
- There are still issues with MacOSX Sierra. Apparently there is an unofficial fix here.
- Aika: Toned down some flavour...
- You'll probably notice that the prologue has a new paragraph (and alpha patrons will notice there's an option to run away in epilogues which you can just ignore) but except for that you probably won't even be able to put your finger on anything in particular that's changed.
- If you catch anything I've missed where consent is explicitly withdrawn, please let me know.
- Everyone (especially Selkie): added line breaks to the majority of coloured text in the game so it's always on separate lines from narration speech. This means the indenting in WinGit / WinGlulxe should now look really nice.
- There will be a side effect that a few currently undetected words and phrases will be on their own line when they shouldn't be, because they're in the middle of a sentence. Please feel free to drop us a comment letting us know where these are and we'll correct them.
- MG: The mansion now generates with a random layout just like all the other regions.
- MG: The chest mimic no longer has a chance to appear in every ornate trunk, and will instead sneak around the mansion to hide in rooms where there is already a container. It's usually good at hiding, but if you do a double take you may be able to spot it.
- MG: If you think you have a mimic in the room, you can try attacking it to get it to go away, but be careful you don't attack the wrong thing, since it might take the opportunity to retaliate.
- MG: The dominatrix will no longer tolerate players who masturbate in the middle of a session. She might just snap you with a pair of handcuffs if you touch yourself without permission
- MG: Hookers in training and maids can now earn jewellery from the mechanic after sex.
- If the player is getting good reviews from hotel patrons, the mechanic will sometimes reward the player with a maid headdress to wear.
- MG: The wench now has a different description for players who have bukkake fetish turned off
- MG: The demon lord will sometimes give players who disobey him a special tattoo as a punishment. It makes anal hurt more, and it makes monsters more likely to go for your butt.
- Aika: Some new map tiles from Danaume.
- Aika: EXPERIMENTAL (trying to speed up the engine): Clothing left on the ground when you leave regions get cleaned up and disappear.
- Store stuff in the pink wardrobe to keep it from despawning.
- Aika: All demon related items and tattoos now give you bonus damage against Xavier when worn.
- Aika: Any air in the player's belly deflates when you faint even when there's something plugging your butt, for balance purposes.
- Aika: Did some work on addictions.
- The "addictions" summary now includes semen feel addiction (i.e. creampie & bukkake addiction), short skirts addiction, exposure addiction and pregnancy flavour for vaginal sex addiction.
- The "addictions" summary has flavour that makes more sense for vaginal sex addiction and semen taste addiction.
- High (17+) creampie addiction makes the player refuse to expel creampies. They'll only come out when the player literally can't hold them in any longer.
- Creampie & bukkake addiction now actually increase when you get cum on your body, rather than only from creampies.
- Aika: [watersports fetish] NPCs will now punish you after urinating if you didn't choose to drink when able.
- Aika: did some back-end work to remove the 'monster-adjective' attribute, which means you'll no longer see any NPCs with weird glitchy 'nonexistent' names!
- Aika: [egg laying & mythical creature fetish] giant wasps no longer all share the same text shortcut. It's now only the most recently born wasp that will be called 'newborn' and the most recent wasp to find a laid egg and transform it will be called 'daddy'.
- Aika: [inflation fetish] air inflation now happens at twice the rate (so things that made you a little inflated before now make you a lot inflated) but now you deflate at 5 times the rate. So it's more of a significant but rather short term handicap rather than a longer term medium handicap.
- Aika: New benefit option prevents bondage from appearing, since some people hate that chastity cage so much!
- Aika: You know how lots of clothing used to do stuff at purely random intervals over time? Now instead they'll do stuff regularly over time.
- A few items that used to randomly increase a particular addiction now instead give a static +1 or +2 to that addiction while worn (and can imprint).
- Aika: Most issues where turning text delay to 'instant' was causing issues have been fixed by replacing those automated pauses with yes/no questions.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the tentacle monster wouldn't defend pregnant players if they looked ultra slutty.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where certain fluids could appear in recipes even if the relevant fetishes were not enabled.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where headgear wasn't changing hair colour.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the game would say a pressure trap was triggering, when it wasn't.
- MG: Fixed a run-time error that would sometimes occur with the guest bed in the mansion.
- MG: Fixed a bug where the trainee boots could emit negative tones.
- MG: Fixed a bug where the player's penis did not actually shrink in one of the failed cultist dominance scenes
Beta Tester Patrons:
- MG: Dominatrix and Royal guard dominant sex are now available to all donators
- MG: Fixed a bug where the player could orgasm in the middle of having dominant sex with the guard.
Alpha Tester Patrons:
- MG: Nurse attacks will now fatigue and arouse the player rather than hurt them.
- MG: The Nurse will now heal fully after joining you on the med bay bed. It's refreshing for everyone!
- MG: School staff will now properly punish the player with detention if attacked.
- Aika: New debug command "lumos" switches all locations to 'seen' so you'll always see the entire map.
- Aika: Polished the detention scene so that more NPCs will encounter and interact with you.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the headmistress would disappear for ever if she put you in detention.
- Aika: The staff can now put you in the dungeon if you are not wearing an armband when they defeat you (this is done by manual removal [not advised while you are in the school!] or by having it destroyed [happens when you kill a staff member]).
- The dungeon sentence involves you having some long term awfulness happening to you (living in a cell with a tentacle monster if you have a relevant fetish enabled, otherwise living in a room filled with pink smoke [modified to nearly always arouse]).
- Every 45 seconds a teacher will come to check up on you and test you, if you pass the test then you'll be 25% of the way towards earning your freedom.
- You can also escape with a skeleton key or any method of teleportation and possibly some other ways even I haven't thought of.
- The dungeon area has some unique elements about it, such as being unable to enter while wearing an armband, and so on. The reasons for this will become apparent in future updates.
- Aika: You can now interact with the food machine in the school (or at least you will be able to in the hotfix).