Trap Quest Release 11 Version 6.0 Hotfix
This post's banner image is from the other side of gloryhole you'll be serving at in the new predicament in the Extra Credit zone (currently Alpha Testers only).
How to Download:
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: https://cloud.area57.info/index.php/s/TQLauncher/download
It should install locally to your user, and therefore not need any admin permissions. You'll need around 500MB of free space for when it downloads the game file.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you. Also some people using Windows Defender will find that its overzealous attitude to protection incorrectly flags the executable as malware.
There's a known bug that some people get where you get some error about a "path2" parameter. Until this is properly fixed, just go inside the installation folder and delete the config global.ini and user_config.ini files, because one of them is malformed.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
There are 4 different versions because there are 4 different publicly available character windows you can use. Previews of the different versions' Character Windows can be seen here
The versions with the 5th window, the Strateg window, are available from my Patreon posts.
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it, this includes Macs - you should use WINE. If you're having trouble consult this page.
- Opening Git.exe and then selecting the file seems to cause a 'Can't open gamefile' error for some users. However, double-clicking on the Gblorb file itself in Windows Explorer and then opening it with Git.exe that way seems to work fine. I believe this weird issue is just due to the huge filesize of the game file.
- I'm getting reports that updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system loses support for WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer.
- I'm getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
Main Changelist: https://trapquest.com/2020/04/30/trap-quest-release-11-version-6-0/
- Aika: Cumdumpster hat now requires more condom collecting and / or eating: 5 total. That means when you get the cursed condom pack, you can't just eat two condoms and immediately be finished.
- In fact, eating the last pinned condom you have pinned to you before reaching your target of 5 condoms combined pinned and eaten will transform the starting 'thirsty work' hat into the more humiliating 'cumdumpster' hat.
- Aika: Increased the rate at which orgasms contribute to sex addiction (I had slowed it down because it had felt too fast, now it only slows down at high levels of sex addiction)
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the doom quest would sometimes fail to complete, even though it gave you the flavour text and rewards.
- Aika: [Pregnancy] Fixed a bug where virgin pregnancy was still causing some bugs with the sinful priestess transformation.
- Aika: [Newest Nympho GUI] Fixed a bug where the 'take' and 'drop' buttons were missing in the starting room when the pink wardrobe was open.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where male players could get references to arms failing to cover their vagina in the Extra Credit Zone.
- Aika: Fixed a flavour issue with the photo pose Extra Credit predicament where it told you the camera had failed to detect the pattern even when it had succeeded (and obviously succeeded, since it still gave you the clothing).