Trap Quest Release 12 Version 3.0 Hotfix 2
This post's banner image is another variant of the new anonymous person-stuck-in-hole-in-wall in the school (currently alpha testers only).
How to Download
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: https://omega.area57.cloud/index.php/s/AyjTdpf5zxXNJai/download
You'll need around 500MB of free space for when it downloads the game file.
To use the Clothing window with the launcher, you currently need to download the game file separately (from the links on Patreon / SubscribeStar) and then use the sideload functionality by pressing F12.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you. Also some people using Windows Defender will find that its overzealous attitude to protection incorrectly flags the executable as malware.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
There are 5 different versions because there are 5 different publicly available character windows you can use. Previews of the different versions' Character Windows can be seen here
The versions with the 6th window, the Clothing window, are available from my Patreon posts.
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it. Another interpreter called Gargoyle is available on multiple platforms but is more prone to crashes. If you're having trouble consult this page.
- Updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system no longer supports WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer using the recommended Windows Git. Your other option is to try Gargoyle (see here).
- We're getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
- There's a known uncommon issue where an icon that is supposed to be rendered in the corner of an item is instead repeatedly rendered in the main narration window, about twice per second. Investigations are still ongoing but we believe this is the work of magic gremlins.
Hotfix 2 Changelist
- Conrico: Finished the project of replacing all the photos of tattoos! Next, onto some new designs...
- Aika: Halved how quickly you get addicted to a liquid you're holding in your mouth.
- Aika: Tentacle monsters no longer rip treat gloves as a wielded weapon when considering performing their special disarm+trip attack.
- Aika: [Pregnancy] fixed which frame the belly growth loading animation is paused on.
- Aika: [Pregnancy + Inflation] The latex sex doll curse is now cured by the elixir of life (the elixir of life will still do its other effects too).
- Aika: [Inflation] Fixed some bugs with a latex sex doll cursed player doing things that they shouldn't be able to, e.g. get pregnant and have make up fade.
- Aika: You can no longer craft or find carafes of space mead if alchol is disabled.
- Aika: Fixed an issue where the waiter/waitress background option couldn't be selected.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where cultists couldn't remove cursed sex toys.
- Aika: Fixed some issues with the (deflowered) virgin warrior princess cross-class:
- The tiara will no longer override the slave garb outfit with a normal princess dress.
- The quest of the tiara changes from virginity retention to bondage escape. It is completed as soon as you are no longer wearing any locked clothing.
- Aika: Hotel altar should now actually be usable by non-supporters.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the first pack of pocketwipes you found in a container could be flagged as "cleverly stolen - please report bug".
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the 'pure' background option was still selected, but invisible, if you chose it during your previous game starting as a female but now are starting as a male.
- Aika: [Egg laying] Fixed a bug where the minotaur and demon lord would glitch if they encountered a giant wasp (which they could do if the player was a broodmother)
- Aika: If you already have a tattoo, and you don't have an ass tattoo, when Bowsette cums inside you, you get a new tattoo which reduces your intelligence by 1, and every time Bowsette cums inside you again it'll reduce your intelligence by another 1! (Removing the tattoo e.g. by placing it on the dungeon altar will return your intelligence)
- Aika: Fixed a bug where sex toys removed when you enter the extra credit zone were not really removed, meaning that you could still get soreness over time and couldn't be penetrated or expel from the relevant orifices.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where genitals that the player didn't own, or weren't even partially visible, could appear in the location window as covered up by the player's arms.
- Aika: Fixed a bug with fresh installs where the Christmas content would be enabled by default.
- Aika: [Egg laying] Fixed a bug where the magic wand trophy could summon eggs inside your womb even if you didn't have a vagina.
- I also took this opportunity to halve the amount of stuff the magic wand trophy summons inside of you, which I think makes it more balanced.
- Also please NB this trophy was changed - it is not a bug that your magic energy decreases when you cast spells with this trophy active. If you read more closely, it does now say that it reduces the cost of magic, rather than eliminating it entirely.
- Aika: In the clothing window version, biologically male characters will have breasts appear on their model once they get past AA cup.