Trap Quest Release 12 Version 5.0 Hotfix
This post's banner image is from the Clothing Character Window's representation of the new class, the 'bride' (currently alpha testers only), after hit by some transformation effects.
How to Download
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: https://omega.area57.cloud/index.php/s/AyjTdpf5zxXNJai/download
You'll need around 500MB of free space for when it downloads the game file.
To use the Clothing window with the launcher, you currently need to download the game file separately (from the links on Patreon / SubscribeStar) and then use the sideload functionality by pressing F12.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you. Also some people using Windows Defender will find that its overzealous attitude to protection incorrectly flags the executable as malware.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
There are 5 different versions because there are 5 different publicly available character windows you can use. Previews of the different versions' Character Windows can be seen here
The versions with the 6th window, the Clothing window, are available from my Patreon posts and SubscribeStar posts.
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it. Another interpreter called Gargoyle is available on multiple platforms but is more prone to crashes. If you're having trouble consult this page.
- Updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system no longer supports WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer using the recommended Windows Git. Your other option is to try Gargoyle (see here).
- We're getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
- There's a known uncommon issue where an icon that is supposed to be rendered in the corner of an item is instead repeatedly rendered in the main narration window, about twice per second. Investigations are still ongoing but we believe this is the work of magic gremlins.
- In some interpreters, on some people's computers, with some of the more complex character windows (mainly Wonderfuller and Clothing), undo is failing to work because the interpreter's undo buffer isn't large enough to handle the game.
- Aika: You should now be able to wear some overwear e.g. leggings over the top of the new "bitch bottoms".
- Aika: Fixed the seasonal options menu displaying the wrong stuff, as if this was still the halloween release.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the button to wash your hair in a body of water was missing if there was only a single unit of cum in your hair.
- Aika: Fixed a bug relating to clothing items with curses but no quests and "missing quest title" appearing in their printed names and descriptions.
- Aika: Fixed an incorrect reply from the witch when you ask her how many altar uses you have left.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where fake nails could keep spawning even when you were already wearing them.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where there would be lots of errors if an NPC couldn't find an item of clothing to rip off you when they wanted to.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where headgear which was manually worn could incorrectly banish some already-worn class-relevant items when summoning the class outfit. This also caused some issues with the meat toilet panties for the human toilet class.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the mechanic would never make the player with the princess class into a princess bride because he would first rip the tiara off her head.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the bridal dresses and bouquets were missing text shortcuts which also led to issues with them being unclickable in the GUI.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where an engaged / married royal guard would still be hostile to high-outrageousness-appearance brides.