Trap Quest Release 13 Version 3.0 Hotfix
This post's banner image is the Dark Princess who appears if the Princess loses the new Final Showdown (currently alpha tester only), by Wishberri.
How to Download
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: Link 1 or Link 2
You'll need around 520MB of free space for when it downloads the game file. If you have any problems with the launcher, check out the troubleshooting page here: https://trapquest.com/launcher-troubleshooting/
If you don't like the sound of running an executable from a NSFW site, use the download links further down and read the paragraph underneath them.
To use the Clothing window with the launcher, you currently need to download the game file separately (from the links on Patreon / SubscribeStar) and then use the sideload functionality by pressing F12.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
There are 5 different versions because there are 5 different publicly available character windows you can use. Previews of the different versions' Character Windows can be seen here
The versions with the 6th window, the Clothing window, are available from our Patreon posts and SubscribeStar posts.
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it (if your overzealous antivirus has a problem with the newest version, there's an older version here). Another interpreter called Gargoyle is available on multiple platforms but is more prone to crashes. If you're having trouble consult this page.
- Updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system no longer supports WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer using the recommended Windows Git. Your other option is to try Gargoyle (see here).
- There's a known uncommon issue where an icon that is supposed to be rendered in the corner of an item is instead repeatedly rendered in the main narration window, about twice per second. Investigations are still ongoing but we believe this is the work of magic gremlins.
- In some interpreters, on some people's computers, with some of the more complex character windows (mainly Wonderfuller and Clothing), undo is failing to work because the interpreter's undo buffer isn't large enough to handle the game.
- The body expansion rune trap now also increases hip width by 1 if lactation fetish is disabled. So essentially if you have lactation enabled you get milk, if you have lactation disabled you get hips.
- The "Trapped in Bondage" starting option can no longer have some of the items appear cursed with the quest to simply sit on the throne.
- Increased how gropable your body needs to be for Icarus to consider groping it.
- You can no longer voluntarily hold your breath to the point where you suffocate. At that point, if you have the option to breathe, you'll start breathing.
- Students who want to attack you will wait until all the (friendly) staff members in your location have left.
- Fixed a bug where stepping on a polymorph rune trap froze the engine for several minutes and then transformed an item of clothing you weren't even wearing!
- Fixed a bug where the NORMAL START didn't actually include the new question about whether you wanted used condoms to be a common occurence.
- [Watersports] Fixed a bug where a couple of clothing items with 'toilet' in the name could get confused with the actual 'toilet' you were trying to use, preventing the command "use toilet" from working properly.
- Fixed a bug where poking an NPC could cause their perception of you to trigger multiple times in a row.
- Fixed a bug where after fainting, you would still be at the same level of suffocation.
- [Egg Laying] Fixed a bug where when a facehugger gripping your thigh crawled up to set up shop hugging an orifice, it would somehow end up both on the orifice AND still hugging you.
- [Egg Laying] When a facehugger sets up shop hugging your mouth, it no longer counts as deepthroating and therefore doesn't suffocate you or choke you, which was more than a little unfair, and caused infinite loops if fainting was disabled.
- Fixed a bug where the robo vacuum cleaner could get into weird states where it was both connected to your face but also no longer in the room.
- Fixed a bug where in exceptional circumstances a gladiator could try and make your breasts grow while they are trapped inside a portal bra, and keep trying forever.
- Fixed a bug where the cultists could keep trying to put you on the elder altar in a loop.
- Fixed a bug where there was an run-time P50 error triggering each turn you spent in a room with an academy staff member.
- Fixed a bug where accepting a permanent tattoo you already had from the new make up lesson still gave you extra magic (which you could abuse infinitely).
- [Interracial] Fixed a bug where the game would get confused about what you were trying to refer to by "belly" after you got the queen of spades belly tattoo.
- Fixed a bug that's been around for ages but difficult to notice, apparently, due to some overzealous cleanup code: whenever you changed regions via the stairs, pretty much all clothing of yours that NPCs were holding onto would vanish.
- [Diapers] The "no bra, no panties" shirt no longer removes diapers, fixing an infinite loop where the rocking horse wouldn't let you go until you were wearing one.
- Fixed a bug with the cage trap in the woods where NPCs could punish you as normal as if you weren't inside a cage. Instead, now NPCs can only do things to your face or breasts, and only if you've tried to escape the cage early but gotten stuck halfway.
- Fixed a bug where the sissy bow could appear on you in the extra credit zone when you orgasmed.
- [Game Hates You] Fixed a bug where some items taken from you at the start with the intention that they would be automatically replaced on you at the end, were not returned. Most notably, headgear.
- Added a "final chance" scene to the final battle, in the turn where the princess would be defeated.
- Essentially the princess gets cursed to have her body parts keep expanding and expanding, and you have three more turns to defeat Xavier with your own attacks, if you can. Art by OkiOppai, with more extreme versions used if you have extreme proportions fetish enabled.
- To balance this out:
- All of the Princess's attacks on Xavier now do less damage.
- During these final few turns, Xavier is not invulnerable to any type of attack.
- [All Female NPCs] There's now female art for the hulk/minotaur, drawn by Amington.
- New debug command "prank me [ditzy student]" triggers the student to prank you.
- Time then moves forward, so there's also a chance that the student will do another prank in their normal turn.
- Art for when the Princess defeats Xavier in the final battle. By HofBondage.
- The art for the Nintendolls job "policewoman" epilogue where you get captured by a sex slave trainer guy now has art, by PyperHalie.
- The art for the Nintendolls job "housewife" epilogue where you get locked in a kitchen and gangbanged whenever you don't bake a good enough cake now has art, by PyperHalie.
- Fixed a bug where you could try to seduce Xavier while he was fighting the princess.
- Fixed a few bugs relating to unusual states for the final battle, for example if you teleport away in the middle of the action. The fight continues in the background, with Xavier slowly damaging the princess every turn until she is defeated.
- (Hopefully) fixed a bug where sometimes the candy trophy would cause an infinite loop of trying to eat the same candy while the player is unable to eat.