Trap Quest Release 13 Version 9.0 Hotfix
This version's banner image is from the other new Extra Credit Zone predicament (Alpha Testers only at the moment), by Pyper Haylie.
This blog post had the wrong download links for the first 12 hours it was up. The correct version has a filename with the number 220906 in it. If your file has the number 220905, you do not have the hotfix changes.
How to Download
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need to download two different things:
1) A glulxe interpreter program (you open this program and then select the game file): many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it (if your overzealous antivirus has a problem with area57's improved speed version, there's an older official version here). Another interpreter called Gargoyle is available on multiple platforms but is more prone to crashes. If you're having trouble consult this page.
2) The game file: This file will end in '.gblorb' and will be around 550MB large (there's a lot of images in this game!). There are 4 different versions because there are 4 different publicly available character windows you can use. Previews of the different versions' Character Windows can be seen here.
The versions with the 5th window, the Clothing window, are available from our Patreon posts and SubscribeStar posts.
If you're brand new and struggling to choose which version to try, Aika personally recommends Danaume. It's the original, classic TQ artwork, and focuses on character body state rather than worrying about trying to represent odd random things from the surrounding environment.
You can download the version of your choice from the links below.
Area57 Website Direct Download Links (site is sometimes unstable, if your download is significantly less than 500MB then it was probably corrupted): Danaume Version, Keriax Version, Wonderfuller Version, Strateg Version
- Updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system no longer supports WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer using the recommended Windows Git. Your other option is to try Gargoyle (see here).
- In some interpreters, on some people's computers, with some of the more complex character windows (mainly Wonderfuller and Clothing), undo is failing to work because the interpreter's undo buffer isn't large enough to handle the game.
- It's now the orc's poker cards that punish you, not your own.
- Instead of transforming into another sex toy, anal beads and ben wa balls will grow larger when hit by a transformation effect.
- Fixed a bug where portal bra titfucks didn't complete relevant clothing quests.
- Fixed a bug where the warrior priestess virgin outfit was missing from the character window.
- Fixed a bug where going into an Extra Credit Zone while wearing a salve would cause an error.
- Fixed a bug where the stripper headgear's quest would never complete.
- [Pregnancy] Lots of stuff releated to recent pregnancy stuff...
- Fixed a bug where the woods statue could get you pregnant if pregnancy fetish was disabled.
- Fixed some bugs related to the new ways of getting pregnant, where they didn't have a chance of turning you into the fertility goddess, or removing wisps that wanted you to get pregnant.
- Fixed a bug where stealing Barbara's gun when she's holding on to the edge of the vine boss hole could overwrite a normal pregnancy with a tentacle one.
- Fixed a bug with getting earrings at the podium and being told that they are the wrong type.
- [A2M] Fixed a bug where the wench adding cum to your champagne glass didn't actually add it, which meant that it would just loop (until you had the maximum number of wisps).
- Fixed a bug where the serving table forced you to drop your drinks, which solved the serving table's demands, making it disappear.
- Fixed a bug where the player couldn't kick while wearing a nightgown.
- Fixed a bug where the 'discover a new region' clothing uncurse quest would become impossible to complete if map reset upon fainting was enabled, and the player fainted.
- Fixed a bug where the magic zipper item could be placed on items with in-built plugs, causing several more bugs.
- Fixed a bug where bitch bottoms, and both tartan microskirts, accidentally shared the same text shortcut.
- Fixed some bugs relating to swords and the midnight tanto and whether they are allowed to cut clothes (it's supposed to be that they can all cut uncursed clothing, but only a blessed midnight tanto can cut cursed clothing).
- Fixed a bug where the shop would change its stock even if the shopkeeper wasn't around to do it.
- Fixed a bug where if the player was in the shop when the stock change occurred, and lubricant was removed from the display, the shopkeeper would think that it had been stolen.
- Also, now the shopkeeper's restock will be narrated, item by item, if the player is around to watch him do it.