The player can become the broodmother by wearing the Wasp-Antennae and either the Striped Top or a pair of black and yellow Stockings. The broodmother also has a unique equippable item called a Wasp Cloud.
Obtaining the Wasp Antennae
Being in the room when a Giant Wasp fertilizes an egg will cause the wasp antennae to spawn unless:
- The wasp antennae already exist in the game universe
- The player is already wearing a headgear
Obtaining the Striped Top
Has a chance of spawning on the player as long as the player is wearing the wasp antennae, but only once per appearance of the headgear.
Obtaining the Wasp Cloud
Can spawn if a medium Egg hatches when the player is nearby.
Obtaining the Stockings
Has a chance of spawning on the player as long as the striped top can't spawn
- Changes the player's title to "broodmother"
- Once the player obtains a wasp cloud, they will have a swarm of wasps that follows them around and interacts with the player's other broodmother-related items.
- If there is a medium Egg nearby, the player will gain 2 Magic Power and trigger another effect
- If there are no wasps currently in the game, a wasp will appear
- If there is at least one wasp in the game, there is a 1 in 6 chance of another wasp appearing
- If the player has a wasp cloud equipped, increases the size of the player's wasp swarm
- If the player doesn't have a wasp cloud equipped, summons a wasp cloud and creates a swarm of 3 tiny wasps for the player.
- Once the player exceeds 50 in their wasp swarm, the player's broodmother items become attached to the player's body.
- Once the player exceeds 100 in their wasp swarm, the player's striped top will grow stingers, which can poison monsters that attack the player's chest area
- Giant wasps will sometimes give the player water when they are thirsty
- Giant wasps will sometimes heal the player when they are sore
- Giant wasps will sometimes reduce the player's orifice soreness
- Giant wasps will be friendly to the broodmother.