The player can become a cultist by wearing a cultist veil. The cultist robe is a related item, but not actually needed to qualify for the class.
Obtaining the Veil
The cultist veil can be found in the Hidden Altar room in the Mansion, which is also the home of the dark altar.
Obtaining the Robs
The cultist robe can spawn on the player as long as the player isn't wearing an overdress, and they are already wearing the veil
- Allows the player to freely wear and remove cursed items
- Causes the veil to increase the player's strength, dexterity, and intelligence by their number of cursed items
- Allows the player to learn the Invoking skill from the Pocket Necronomicon
- Also causes the invoke skill to make the elder altar curse items placed on it, rather than blessing them
- Prevents the player from wearing blessed items
- Causes cultists to become friendly
- Causes the Herald to become friendly
- Allows the player to damage Ghosts
- Causes the Djinn not to offer a wish to players he has not met before(at least until he meets them "between jobs"
- Drastically increases the chance of the Wishing Well being "offended" by the player's wish