Public Release of the Source Code
Because exposing yourself in public is fun for everyone!
So this is the significant thing I've been working on for a few months. I've finally managed to find a way I'm happy with to have a public GitHub repository with some bits redacted to avoid people being able to just use it to access the patron-only content, but which is also super-easy for me to update with the latest versions of the rest of the code.
The repository can be found at https://github.com/aika092/TrapQuest/ and below this I'm going to copy+paste the front page of the repository's wiki so that you can understand my reasons for doing this, what I hope people to do with it, and what I don't want people to do with it.
Firstly let me straight away make clear that any changes or content that you submit to this repository to be added to the game, you are giving me as a gift, so I will own it (i.e. I will continue to be allowed to compile the Trap Quest code, and distribute and fund Trap Quest itself without needing permission from you).
That out of the way, let me explain what this repository is for.
With this repository, you will be able to:
- Read pretty much all of the code, so if you so choose you could:
- help update the wiki accurately
- help hunt down bugs or try to identify engine inefficiencies
- Compile the both Trap Quest and Diaper Quest on your PC for testing in the Inform 7 IDE
- Create your own branch / fork of the code to:
- mess around and learn I7
- fix typos and bugs
- improve the engine
- tweak and test balance changes
- create, test and perfect your own content and submit it to Aika to try and get it in the game
debugin the compiled version of the game
You will not be able to:
- Play a version of the game with any images (all the images cannot be found in this repository, and the graphics window code is removed)
- Package up and release the game into a gblorb file (for the same reason - all the images are missing)
- Access or read any of the patron-only epilogues
Unless I have explicitly granted permission to you to do so, you do not have the right to use this source code to create and publish mods for the game. Feel free to email me at aika092+TQ@gmail.com if you want to chat about that.
So, still interested? If you have not yet installed the development environment, please go to Getting Started.