Trap Quest Release 11 Version 3.1
This blog post's banner image comes from the image for Emerald Teacher Bianca after she is defeated by the princess.
This version is somewhere between a hotfix and a new version, the new stuff is mostly tweaks but hopefully it makes the gameplay flow a bit better.
How to Download:
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: https://cloud.area57.info/index.php/s/TQLauncher/download
It should install locally to your user, and therefore not need any admin permissions.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you. Also some people using Windows Defender will find that its overzealous attitude to protection incorrectly flags the executable as malware.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
There are 4 different versions because there are 4 different publicly available character windows you can use. Previews of the different versions' Character Windows can be seen here
The versions with the 5th window, the Strateg window, are available from my Patreon posts.
Uncompressed gblorb files generously hosted by area57 (420MB to 455MB): These links will be published in a few days - server priority is being given to those using the launcher to minimise issues.
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it, this includes Macs - you should use WINE. If you're having trouble consult this page.
- Opening Git.exe and then selecting the file seems to cause a 'Can't open gamefile' error for some users. However, double-clicking on the Gblorb file itself in Windows Explorer and then opening it with Git.exe that way seems to work fine. I believe this weird issue is just due to the huge filesize of the game file.
- I'm getting reports that updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system loses support for WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer.
- I'm getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
- Aika: [Female players] Losing your virginity while playing as the priestess class converts you to a 'sinful priestess' class.
- Your ritual beads will only develop from vaginal sex.
- If your lover wears a condom, this condom will pin to your headband. Once there's at least 3 full condoms pinned to it, you can also present the headband at the altar to get rid of the condoms and progress the quest.
- If your womb has too much semen in it (probably from a very high-semen-volume encounter or from several encounters close together) then you fail and instead get the gold tiara (the demon concubine class)
- [Pregnancy] Instead this happens if you become pregnant.
- Aika: [Pregnancy] Significantly reduced the likelihood (and therefore the frequency) of some of the side-effects of being pregnant.
- Aika: [Eggs] Tentacle larvae now grow into small tentacle monsters after approximately 100 turns even if they don't find a puddle of semen to accelerate their growth.
- Aika: Once you've triggered the mansion region to load, the kitsune can now appear in any region except the school (and in fact every 50 to 100 turns will decide to visit whatever region you happen to be in). The kitsune will disguise herself as one of the (intelligent) NPCs that wanders the halls of that region.
- As a refresher since I'm sure there's some of you that don't really know what she does - when she's around she'll appear as a different NPC and you have to greet her or attack her to pay attention to you, and reveal her true form. Then you can give her gifts and in return she'll give you items in return. As you increase the total worth of the stuff you've given her over time, she'll give you smoke bombs and skeleton keys and the items for the vixen class, starting with the headgear.
- Aika: Rather than the maid quest being dependent on you finding puddles in time to beat the clock, the maid class now only reduces your work ethic tracker and potentially punishes you when you leave a room with a puddle.
- Aika: Whenever you discover a new magic spell, you also gain 1 magic power.
- Aika: [Artificial enhancements] The silicone queen quest now also counts progress when an NPC chooses to grope your breasts, but the reward has been downgraded from a pure diamond ring to a ruby ring to reflect how this quest is now significantly easier.
- Aika: For now at least, the slutty sisters have been flagged as non-seducable.
- Aika: When you complete the princess rescue quest, the teachers and the headmistress now appear throughout the three regions connected to the school (i.e. the dungeon, hotel and mansion).
- Aika: Headgear that grows your hair won't do it ad infinitum any more; it'll grow it to a maximum of a few units higher than the player's current 'favourite hair length' which is decided by bimbo rating.
- Aika: Wenches now can only see clothing that's not inside your bag of holding. This probably means they're worn or wet.
- Aika: Somewhat reduced the outrage value of the condom rolls bag of holding because you can get unlucky and have it occur quite early, and that can really just destroy a playthrough.
- Aika: [Game Hates You] Just discovering the mansion entrance tile will start the cultists performing their ritual.
- Aika: [Watersports] Drinking from a puddle with urine in it will now progress the clothing quest that requires you to drink pee.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where jewellery summoned directly onto your body was getting a random jewellery type instead of a specific one which meant the text shortcut was also often wrong.
- Aika: [Male players] Fixed a bug where the gloryhole could keep you trapped after it was supposed to complete, when it was making you suck your own dick.
- Aika: [Interracial & Male] Fixed a bug where the jack of spades tattoo that's been in the code for a few years now could never actually appear. >_>
- Aika: Fixed a bug where NPCs you seduced would always be unimpressed with your appearance on the turn it ends.
- Aika: [Urination mechanics] Fixed a bug where the toilets couldn't be interacted with.
- Aika: Fixed some inconsistencies with how the demoness tried to re-plug assholes after use.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where a cursed nail bomb could end with you wearing two hand-slot items at the same time.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the 'expansion' enchantment for sex toys could never appear.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the royal bed could shrink penises that didn't exist.
- Aika: After you've completed the princes rescue quest, every once in a while, you can dominate the staff members (automatic success). If your submissiveness is high enough, you'll become slightly more dominant. Each teacher has a different level of submissiveness you'll need to be at in order for this effect to happen. Some are only worth doing when you're very submissive.
- This does not progress the rugged headband's barbarian class quest but it can count as male players losing their virginity.