Trap Quest Release 13 Version 4.0 Hotfix 3
EDIT 13th September 2021: A second hotfix was uploaded and the links below updated.
EDIT 14th September 2021: A third hotfix was uploaded and the links below updated.
This post's banner image is of the best bit of my favourite new clothing item drawn by Wishberri in August.
A big welcome to the 100 or so of you who joined the Shame Games Discord server to try out Danger Quest in the last week. The next event goes live tomorrow, so make sure to hop back on then and optionally give your Valkyries their first (and hopefully not last) taste of action.
Check last week's blog post for the full explanation of what this is all about.
How to Download
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: Link 1 or Link 2
You'll need around 510MB of free space for when it downloads the game file. If you have any problems with the launcher, check out the troubleshooting page here: https://trapquest.com/launcher-troubleshooting/
If you don't like the sound of running an executable from a NSFW site, use the download links further down and read the paragraph underneath them.
To use the Clothing window with the launcher, you currently need to download the game file separately (from the links on Patreon / SubscribeStar) and then use the sideload functionality by pressing F12.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
There are 5 different versions because there are 5 different publicly available character windows you can use. Previews of the different versions' Character Windows can be seen here
The versions with the 6th window, the Clothing window, are available from our Patreon posts and SubscribeStar posts.
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it (if your overzealous antivirus has a problem with area57's improved speed version, there's an older official version here). Another interpreter called Gargoyle is available on multiple platforms but is more prone to crashes. If you're having trouble consult this page.
- Updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system no longer supports WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer using the recommended Windows Git. Your other option is to try Gargoyle (see here).
- In some interpreters, on some people's computers, with some of the more complex character windows (mainly Wonderfuller and Clothing), undo is failing to work because the interpreter's undo buffer isn't large enough to handle the game.
Third Hotfix Changelist
- Aika: Fixed a bug created during the fix in the second hotfix below, that caused all text and unique functionality when automatically banishable NPCs got automatically banished to not occur.
Second Hotfix Changelist
- Aika: Fixed a bug where all NPCs slinked away on defeat rather than get automatically banished, or give you punishment options.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the black latex hood triggered its punishment when you wore the armband when registering at the Academy.
- Also the black hood quest now ignores all items that don't really count as clothing for the purposes of deciding whether to call you "naked". This includes neckwear and weapons.
- Aika: Slingshot traps can now slingshot cursed collars onto your neck. They'll only do this if you're already wearing something on your bottom half that prevents them putting their usual underwear item on you.
- Aika: Reworked glue. It now degrades over time - 450 seconds of in-game time to be exact. You can peel it off as much as you want, for a guaranteed 100 seconds off that timer, but each time you do, you have to make a dexterity roll or experience pain.
- Also, you can no longer remove glue when you have reduced manual dexterity.
- [Latex Prisoner] start now has bondage mittens glued on as well, with a reduced degradation time, and you have to wait until that glue degrades before you can try to remove the rest!
- Aika: Made substantial changes to the prices of items, making them all cheaper. Perhaps too cheap, we'll see. But yeah beforehand the shop was a bit prohibitively expensive and I think it's more fun if it's either affordable or too cheap. Too expensive is just boring.
- Aika: Some bras and corsets will now have the 'provocation' attribute, which means that as soon as you wear it, it curses itself and tries to transform into something more embarrassing.
- With [Fashion Victim] enabled, 1 in 10 of all normal items which beforehand would have just always be set to not have an attribute, will have the provocation attribute. That might sound like a lot but many many items don't count as normal (and so don't appear with random attribute) or already have a different function that takes care of potentially randomly assigning them an attribute. This new rule only applies to everything else.
- Aika: If you defeat the deep one and then attack a ritual cultist, the deep one no longer immediately appears back in the altar room. Instead he appears in the furthest away room in the mansion that you've discovered, and has to run all the way over to you.
- And just as a reminder, every time you defeat him or he fucks you, the next time he appears he'll be weaker.
- Aika: Changed the code for when the game first loads a region to be less unfair towards unique NPCs like Icarus and the Djinn, who were less likely to spawn than NPCs with large numbers of variants. You should see them more now.
- Aika: Whenever you banish an NPC after defeating them, or you can't choose how to punish them because you're still in combat, so they just slink away, you get a significant self-respect increase (i.e. humiliation decrease). The amount of self-respect you restore has a flat element and has an element that scales with the difficulty level of the NPC.
- Aika: Several items that were considered unfashionable to cover with a skirt or dress have been changed so that it's fine to wear a dress over them. Essentially anything like a leotard or bodysuit or negligee.
- Aika: Hoods are no longer so outrageous in and of themselves. So it makes more sense to consider changing your outfit while wearing the black hood and accepting the punishment, rather than it being pointless anyway because the hood itself made you look so outrageous.
- Aika: Becoming the virgin warrior makes your labia increase one size. Using the mystical wardrobe to regenerate your class outfit will do the same.
- [Watersports] Aika: When you enter the academy toilets, there's a chance that you'll get a scene where one of the nearby other students comes in but pisses on the floor. The chance of this happening increases with the rank of the nearby students.
- If you don't clean it up, this can trigger the alpha-tester only content included in Version 4.0 where the headmistress then puts locks on the toilets.
- Aika: [A2M] Fixed a bug where in the new gloryhole key Extra Credit Lesson, if you started doing ass-to-mouth with a gloryhole cock it would go on forever.
- Aika: Debug command "restock shop" cycles the shop once (removes 4 items which should cause 4 more to spawn).
- Aika: Fixed a bug with the candy trophy where the player would be prevented from eating the same candy twice in a row (i.e. if it was the last candy they ate and then also the next candy they found) but still told that they were automatically eating it, every turn.
- Selkie: Fixed an issue where the Aeromancer would keep punishing you over and over.
- Aika: Addressed some issues with the slimegirl engulfing you, where she didn't suck any of the cum out of your butt, which could mean there wasn't enough room for her to then enter your butt, even if she wanted to!
- Aika: [Artificial Enhancements] Fixed a bug where gaining breast implants while a bunny waitress didn't correctly transform you into a plastic bunny waitress.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where when you had a special solo lesson, it didn't count as you having had a lesson for the purposes of whether you could leave the school again or go to the Extra Credit Zone.
- Aika: The skimpy rompers will now allow you to wear skirts without a fashion penalty.
- Aika: [Egg Laying] fixed a bug where the facehuggers that became clothing items would just move to your inventory when you managed to remove them. It makes more sense for them to just become lifeless discarded facehugger corpses like normal.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the hulk / minotaur would only pull out one anal bead and then give up on fucking you.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the prison guard could get into a loop of throwing you in the prison cell, in an unusual set of circumstances where he defeated you but then an ally took his health down to 0 in the same turn (allies can never do the finishing blow).
- Aika: Fixed a bug where in the new make up lesson, the lipstick marking wasn't actually made permanent.
- Aika: [Interracial] Fixed a description of a tattoo that said it was on the player's crotch when it was actually on their left breast.
- Aika: Turns out that for who knows how long, the code to check whether the player could use manual dexterity was fucked up and just always said yes. That's been fixed.
- Aika: Fixed a flavour bug with selkie's new penis-based long term predicament, when your penis changed size while everything was normal.