Trap Quest Release 14 Version 2.2 (Hotfixed 11th July)
EDIT 11th July: An issue with the hot tub was fixed, and the links below updated.
This blog post's banner image is from the new art for the cum-soaked hotel bed, illustrated by Borvar.
The reason we needed another little version published here was because for free-to-play users (and those with Game Hates You enabled), there was a game-breaking bug with the camera traps.
How to Download - Newbies on Windows
If you're brand new, on Windows, and either not very good with computers or just don't want to make any decisions on graphics version right now, download this zip file, which contains both the game file and the program needed to run it.
After you've extracted your zip file, all you need to do is open git.exe and then select the file starting with TrapQuest to run the game.
How to Download - Everyone Else
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need to download two different things:
1) A glulxe interpreter program (you open this program and then select the game file): many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it (if your overzealous antivirus has a problem with area57's improved speed version, there's an older official version here). Another interpreter called Gargoyle is available on multiple platforms but is more prone to crashes. If you're having trouble consult this page.
2) The game file: This file will end in '.gblorb' and will be around 550MB large (there's a lot of images in this game!). There are 4 different versions because there are 4 different publicly available character windows you can use.
If you're new and struggling to choose which version to try, Aika personally recommends Danaume. It's the original, classic TQ artwork, and focuses on character body state rather than worrying about trying to represent odd random things from the surrounding environment.
You can download the version of your choice from the links below.
- Updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system no longer supports WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer using the recommended Windows Git. Your other option is to try Gargoyle (see here).
- In some interpreters, on some people's computers, with some of the more complex character windows (mainly Wonderfuller and Clothing), undo is failing to work because the interpreter's undo buffer isn't large enough to handle the game.
- Improvements to the hot tub in the academy:
- The way the teacher molesting scene worked was that they just fondled you at first, and you had to leave before you got horny to avoid being propositioned and risking punishment for refusal. But that was too easy! Often all you wanted to do was hop in for 1-3 turns, to get clean, then hop back out. So now, you risk punishment for refusal if you leave before you get horny, and after you get horny, you don't get a choice at all. There IS, however, now a chance that no teacher will turn up.
- While fondling you, the teacher will slowly try to remove your non-swimwear clothes and then put a sexy swimsuit on you.
- New art for the scene by Rosie-BRS.
- When students are waiting to attack you, but won't properly fight because there's a staff member in the room, they'll now gradually molest and hurt you when they notice an opening when the teacher isn't looking.
ALPHA TESTERS (June 2023 unlock file)
- New debug command "bad teleport" will teleport you to a random location where a 'bad event' will happen.
- Fixed a bug where (for non-testers, and people with Game Hates You on), the camera traps were adding broken data to the table that keeps track of what footage of you has been published to the Internet, which could then cause programming errors and crashes later on, when the game tried to show you this text.
- Fixed a bug where the Nintendolls in the final boss room could grab hold of your wrist, and then not let go when defeated.
- Fixed a bug where the dominatrix, having given you the quest to go get a cock candle, and then taking it from you, did not consider the quest completed.