Trap Quest Release 11 Version 5.0 Hotfix
How to Download:
On Windows? There's now an executable launcher, made by area57. It'll download the latest version of the game for you and lets you start a game with a single click of a button. Oh, and every time you open it, it'll check if there's a new version, and you'll be able to update to the new version from within the launcher! Just download the executable from here, and then run it: https://cloud.area57.info/index.php/s/TQLauncher/download
It should install locally to your user, and therefore not need any admin permissions.
This launcher is in alpha - we're still ironing out the kinks so there's still a decent chance it won't work for you. Also some people using Windows Defender will find that its overzealous attitude to protection incorrectly flags the executable as malware.
There's a known bug that some people get where you get some error about a "path2" parameter. Until this is properly fixed, just go inside the installation folder and delete the config global.ini and user_config.ini files, because one of them is malformed.
If you're not on Windows, can't get the launcher working, or are paranoid about running an executable from some random lewd internet game website, then read on.
There are 4 different versions because there are 4 different publicly available character windows you can use. Previews of the different versions' Character Windows can be seen here
The versions with the 5th window, the Strateg window, are available from my Patreon posts.
Uncompressed gblorb files generously hosted by area57 (428MB to 462MB): These links will be published some time in the future - server priority is being given to those using the launcher to minimise issues.
Trap Quest was created with Inform. To play a work like this one, you need an interpreter program: many are available, Windows Git is strongly recommended for any machine that can run it, this includes Macs - you should use WINE. If you're having trouble consult this page.
- Opening Git.exe and then selecting the file seems to cause a 'Can't open gamefile' error for some users. However, double-clicking on the Gblorb file itself in Windows Explorer and then opening it with Git.exe that way seems to work fine. I believe this weird issue is just due to the huge filesize of the game file.
- I'm getting reports that updating to the latest version of the MacBook operating system loses support for WINE. If this is the case for you, I'm afraid you'll need to run Windows in a Virtual Machine or otherwise fully emulate Windows to play Trap Quest on your computer.
- I'm getting reports of spontaneous crashes in Gargoyle. Use it at your own risk. If you do, it's strongly recommended to use roguelike saving.
Main Changelist: https://trapquest.com/2020/04/01/trap-quest-release-11-version-5-0/
- Aika: April fools stuff reverted to normal.
- Aika: When cheerleaders or people with temptation clothing accidentally do the automatic lewd speech thing, instead of instantly making an intelligent NPC angry instead it starts a seduction with them. Since this can be abandoned, often without the NPC becoming instantly angry, cheerleaders need to do this 3 to 4 times before they complete the quest. Oh, and I wouldn't recommend trying it multiple times with the same NPC, as they will get blue balls quite quickly.
- I didn't remember to test this at all lol so I apologies in advance if it doesn't work as intended
- Aika: The difficulty level of NPCs is now only shown in their printed name if you are wearing the combat visor.
- Aika: The chance of domination success now depends on your remaining energy (which, remember, is lowered based on remaining HP).
- Also, I removed the influence of sex addiction and orifice openness on domination difficulty, to make it less complex and easier to balance.
- The combat visor now gives slightly clearer indication of the numbers involved in deciding whether a domination was successful.
- Aika: More tattoo photo placeholders replaced by versions drawn by Conrico.
- Aika: Several (most) items and tattoos now don't do their periodic magic effects while the player is in the school region.
- Aika: [Newest Nympho GUI] There's now a setting to enable or disable tattoos being shown in the Location Window when they are visible and outrageous enough to be currently contributing to your appearance rating.
- Aika: [Watersports / Diapers] Fixed a bug preventing toilet use.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where dominating an NPC didn't set up a timer during which they were bored of interacting with you. So they could come and revenge attack you the very next turn.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where trying to remove anal beads when only one bead was inside you would always fail.
- Aika: Fixed a bug where the sinful priestess outfit tended to spawn while you were having vaginal sex, but didn't spawn crotch-displaced.
- Aika: Fixed a minor graphical bug with the warning that you were wearing trousers at the same time as a skirt.
- Aika: Your belly is now emptied when you enter the Extra Credit Zone to make the experience more consistent, and to avoid you literally destroying your quiz partner with an egg expulsion...
- Aika: Addressed some of the more OP uses of the Extra Credit Zone to remove class clothing like the cowbell. These items will be able to spawn again once removed.
- Aika: If you stay still and focus on possession in the football predicament, and your opponent fails to tackle you, they fall over, gaining you a turn's headstart in taking the ball away from them.